Yonex VCORE 98 (305g) Tennis Racquets:
Yonex updates the VCORE SV 98 with even more speed and spin! Named the Yonex VCORE 98 (305g) Tennis Racquets, this racquet is perfect for intermediate and advanced players who want a spin-friendly racquet with great feel. Yonex has improved the VCORE to become an even more spin-friendly frame. They’ve made some big updates adding key technology pieces to the frame — including new Aero Trench & Linear Tech. To help achieve faster head speeds for increased spin potential, Yonex’s new Aero Trench reduces drag by uniquely hiding the grommets located at the top of the frame. This allows for easy maneuverability. Further adding to that spin potential, Yonex engineered straight grommet hole grommets that allow for more string movement on outer areas of the racquet.
- AERO FIN: In addition to the grooves on the inside of the frame’s head, Yonex updates their Aero Fin technology by adding grooves to the outside of the frame’s head at 10 & 2 o’clock. The result is increased wind resistance and higher stroke speeds.
- 3-D VECTOR SHAFT: The throat grooves of the 3D Vector Shaft improve racquet stiffness, generating supreme face stability and giving players more efficient power.
- ISOMETRIC: The Isometric Square Head Shape reduces the inert space found in a conventional round frame. As a result, the racquet is easier to swing through and has superior maneuverability with a 10% bigger sweetspot than an ordinary round head racquet. The sweetspot is the area of a racquet where the longest main and longest cross strings meet in the stringbed. In an ordinary round frame racquet, the sweetspot is where the 8 main and 11 cross strings meet. In the Yonex Isometric Square Head racquet, 10 main and 13 cross strings meet in the stringbed to produce a sweetspot that is 10% larger than the effective hitting area of a conventional round head racquet. With more strings of equal length and a larger effective hitting area in the stringbed, the Isometric Square Head Shape provides consistently accurate shots, giving more power, control and more effective off-center hits.
- NAMD: A flexible graphite matrix that enhances dwell time and pocketing.
- AERO TRENCH GROMMETS: Submerged grommets for less wind drag, enabling greater stroke speed
- NANOMETRIC XT: A flexible carbon material added to the upper frame in order to optimize the response