Yonex VCORE 95 (310g) Tennis Racquets:
Yonex updates the midsize model of its VCORE series with some extra speed and spin while managing to keep the surgical precision and great ball feedback of the previous generation. New for 2018, Yonex updated the 2016 Spin Vortex version with an all-new VCORE 95. Endorsed on the ATP tour by Denis Shapovalov. Yonex has improved the VCORE to become an even more spin-friendly frame. They’ve made some big updates adding key technology pieces to the racquet — including new Aero Trench & Linear Tech.
The VCORE 95 updates the placement of the Aerodynamic fins. Yonex added fins positioned towards the bottom throat area of the VCORE frame to allow improved maneuverability. Fins remain along the inner & outer areas at the 2&10 o’clock positions — producing a fast, aerodynamic racquet that allows easy access to spin.
- 3-D VECTOR SHAFT: The throat grooves of the 3D Vector Shaft improve racquet stiffness, generating supreme face stability and giving players more efficient power.
- ISOMETRIC: The Isometric Square Head Shape reduces the inert space found in a conventional round frame. As a result, the racquet is easier to swing through and has superior maneuverability with a 10% bigger sweetspot than an ordinary round head racquet. The sweetspot is the area of a racquet where the longest main and longest cross strings meet in the stringbed. In an ordinary round frame racquet, the sweetspot is where the 8 main and 11 cross strings meet. In the Yonex Isometric Square Head racquet, 10 main and 13 cross strings meet in the stringbed to produce a sweetspot that is 10% larger than the effective hitting area of a conventional round head racquet. With more strings of equal length and a larger effective hitting area in the stringbed, the Isometric Square Head Shape provides consistently accurate shots, giving more power, control and more effective off-center hits.
- NAMD: A flexible graphite matrix that enhances dwell time and pocketing.
- AERO TRENCH GROMMETS: Submerged grommets for less wind drag, enabling greater stroke speed
- NANOMETRIC XT: A flexible carbon material added to the upper frame in order to optimize the response