Yonex advances some exciting updates to their EZONE racquet line for 2019 with the Yonex EZONE 98 LTD (305g) Tennis Racquets (Gold). This new limited EZONE racquet has updated the EZONE DR. Like previous generations of the EZONE 98; the racquet remains an easy-swinging player’s frame that offers excellent feel, spin, and stability. The EZONE 98 LTD (305G) comes with a new glod colorway update.
Yonex introduces a new grommet system known as Micro Offset Layout technology. With Micro Offset Layout of grommets – Yonex has managed to enhance power from the strings while neutralizing harsh vibrations for a more forgiving stringbed.
Additional updates include the use of hyper modulus graphite known as Hyper-MG. Hyper-MG has been embedded within the inner portion of the upper frame. The new material dramatically enhances frame snapback speed, increases repulsion power and ball speed. Yonex has improved the Isometric technology further by expanding the four corners of the new EZONE for longer main and cross strings in the upper frame. Additional string flex allows for more power and better feel. Quake Shut Gel technology embedded inside the grip, helps remove any discomfort from the frame.
Overall, the EZONE 98 (305G) places power firmly into the players’ hands, allowing for additional ball speed. This frame is an impressive option for the intermediate to advanced player with a faster swing, looking for excellent feel, spin, stability, and precision. The EZONE 98 is the heaviest offering within this new updated EZONE racquet series.
- Racquets are numbered and limited to 1300 unites
- Item #: EZ98LTD
- ISOMETRIC: Created by YONEX in 1980, the ISOMETRIC head shape is a unique and evolutionary breakthrough technology in racquet design. In conventional racquets, the sweet spot is located where main strings and cross strings meet. The YONEX ISOMETRIC head shape allows us to increase the number of main and cross strings that meet in the centre of the racquet to produce a sweet spot which gives a 7% more effective hitting area for you to make match winning shots.
- MICRO OFFSET LAYOUT: Yonex reshapes the grommet holes and redesigns the grommet structure to reduce string on racquet friction. This enables the strings to move more at impact, which enables them to soak up greater impact vibrations (think comfort)
- HYPER MG: Yonex uses an ultra firm hyper modulus graphite to reinforce the upper hoop. The result is less frame bending at impacet, which puts more of the stroke’s power into the outgoing shot rather than having it be absorbed by the racquet’s deformation.
- QUAKE SHUT GEL AIR: With this technology Yonex adds 3 layers to its Quake Shut Gel handle technology. The result, according to Yonex, is an increase in vibration dampening by 16%.
Note: This racquet comes with protective sleeve, not a traditional racquet cover. You may purchase a racquet cover for $9.95 at checkout if you would like?