The Yonex Astrel (105) Tennis Racquets feature Yonex’s patented Isometric head shape which increases the number of main and cross strings that meet at the center of the racquet resulting in a more dynamic sweet spot hitting area. The Isometric design will also assist in better performance on off-centered hits, giving superior playability.
With the Astrel 105, players will have easy access to power from anywhere on the frame. Yonex designed the Astrel racquets with Quad Force Gear technology, strategically implementing thick side grommets on the four corners of the head which end up elongating the cross string length. With additional length on the cross strings and the varying beam thicknesses in multiple areas of the frame, uniform stiffness is guaranteed throughout the frame. Yonex also features newly designed shaft technology, which gears toward improving face stability in the shaft area of the frame resulting better over control.
The Astrel 105 is constructed with Tri-Shut System technology, utilizing three different materials equipped in the racquet that works together to absorb shock and cut down on unwanted vibrations. In the frame top, Yonex implemented Vibslayer Carbon, a carbon graphite material that provides high shock absorbance while maintaining supreme snapback. In the bottom grommet, Yonex included a thermoplastic material known as NeoFade that increases the rate of vibration dampening. Inside the shaft of the frame, Quake Shut Gel material also cuts down on vibration. Through the improved vibration and shock absorbance technologies, the Astrel will help put less strain on your arm through ball contact. Lastly, Yonex elected to implement Ergo Power Grip which cuts down on openings between your hand and grip, allowing for more power into your shots. The Ergo Power Grip is designed as a near-regular octagon, the grip end is thick, becoming thinner towards the top, resulting in a sloped design allowing for improved maneuverability.
With a 105 square inch head, 10.1 ounces strung weight and a 16×18 string pattern, the Astrel 105 is a very appealing option for the player seeking a lightweight, maneuverable frame that ensures power, comfort, and elements of control.
- Item #: AST105
- Newly Designed Shaft: The shaft has been made with a cross-sectional design, resulting in a 15% increase in shaft stiffness, also cutting down on twisting at the throat.
- ISOMETRIC: Created by YONEX in 1980, the ISOMETRIC head shape is a unique and evolutionary breakthrough technology in racquet design. In conventional racquets, the sweet spot is located where main strings and cross strings meet. The YONEX ISOMETRIC head shape allows us to increase the number of main and cross strings that meet in the centre of the racquet to produce a sweet spot which gives a 7% more effective hitting area for you to make match winning shots.
- Tri-Shut System: The Tri-Shut System utilizes three different materials equipped in the racquet that work together to absorb shock and cut down on unpleasant vibrations.
- Ergo Power Grip: The ERGO POWER GRIP cuts down on openings between your hand and the grip, putting more power into your shots. Designed as a near-regular octagon, the grip end is thick, becoming thinner towards the top, resulting in a sloped design that provides improved handling.
- Quad Force Gear:Thick side grommets have been equipped on the four corners of head, extending the effective length of the strings. Additionally, the racquet frame on the whole has been made thicker to varying degrees, resulting in the frame achieving uniform stiffness. With an overall expanded sweet spot, players are able to experience an increase in repulsion off of the string bed.