Keep your opponents on their toes with the Yonex 2021 VCORE 98 (305g) Tennis Racquets! This spin-friendly weapon offers easy access to different spin types, helping you dictate the pace of the match. A new frame design increases string movement in high-contact areas, improving racquet speed and unleashing more spin. NAMD™ graphite maintains flexibility during fast swings to maximize snap back. Meet the new shape of spin!
Yonex has improved the VCORE to become an even more spin-friendly frame. They’ve made some big updates adding key technology pieces to the racquet — including new 2G NAMD flex force & VDM.
The all-new 2G NAMD is incorporated in the upper throat to the lower frame, all-new FLEX FORCE graphite allows for the racquet to quickly flex and snapback for maximum spin potential. To help achieve faster head speeds for increased spin potential, Yonex’s Aero Trench reduces drag by uniquely hiding the grommets located at the top of the frame. This allows for easy maneuverability. Further adding to that spin potential, Yonex engineered straight grommet hole grommets that allow for more string movement on outer areas of the racquet.
The new VCORE features Yonex’s signature racquet technology, Isometric Shape which generates a 7% larger sweet spot for great control without sacrificing power Yonex also improved the damping of the frame by including a stretchy mesh material wrapped around the graphite within the grip to filter unwanted vibrations. .
- ISOMETRIC: The Isometric Square Head Shape reduces the inert space found in a conventional round frame. As a result, the racquet is easier to swing through and has superior maneuverability with a 10% bigger sweetspot than an ordinary round head racquet. The sweetspot is the area of a racquet where the longest main and longest cross strings meet in the stringbed. In an ordinary round frame racquet, the sweetspot is where the 8 main and 11 cross strings meet. In the Yonex Isometric Square Head racquet, 10 main and 13 cross strings meet in the stringbed to produce a sweetspot that is 10% larger than the effective hitting area of a conventional round head racquet. With more strings of equal length and a larger effective hitting area in the stringbed, the Isometric Square Head Shape provides consistently accurate shots, giving more power, control and more effective off-center hits.
- 2G-NAMD FLEX FORCE: Graphite incorporated in the upper throat to the lower frame allows the racquet to flex quickly and snapback for maximum spin potential.
- STRING SYNC GROMMETS: A thin grommet nozzle is inserted into a larger frame hole allowing the string to move together with the grommet for a faster snapback.
- VIBRATION DAMPENING MESH (VDM): A stretchy mesh material wraps around the graphite within the grip to filter unwanted vibrations, adding touch and precision.
- AERO DYNAMIC TECHNOLOGY: Aero Trench and Aero Fin Technology reduce air resistance for easy maneuverability and added spin.
- LINER TECH: Straight-hole grommets elongate the main strings by making the entry angle for the string more vertical, resulting in a horizontal sweet spot expansion and increased string movement.