New for 2015, the Babolat Pure Drive Team (100) Tennis Racquets are a new update to the Pure Drive racquet line. This frame features a sleek black, blue and new white design. The extremely powerful and light weight Pure Drive Team, features Babolat’s new frame to string interaction technology with a redefined sweetspot. Babolat’s Pure Drive Team impact zone is located higher than the traditional center of the racquet. Elliptical shape of the frame helps with added resistance against torque and flexing for increased power. Cortex Dampening Interface for even better feel. Only those frequencies that enhance feel are permitted to pass through the Cortex filter.This frame is a great option for a players seeking a powerful but lighter racquet for better handling.
- Ideal for players seeking the perfect lighter weight Pure Drive.
- Cortex dampening system allows for the unique sensation of power and precision on every shot.
- Elliptical shape adds resistance against twisting and flexing.
- Cortex System: Cortex system is the first technology customized to filter different vibrations. Cortex is revolutionary active technology placed between the throat and handle of the racquet. With this new technology, the two parts of the racquet are linked by an interface in CDS (Cortex Damping System) material. This technology allows to filter the different vibration modes. It eliminates unnecessary vibrations and enhances the feel of the ball.
- For competitive players, Cortex filters vibrations for purer feel of the ball.
- For club players, Cortex provides maximum comfort.
- Woofer: WOOFER is a patented inovation by Babolat. WOOFER is the first dynamic system which makes the frame and strings interact when striking the ball. The frame is basically static and holds the driving force of the racquet – the strings – in place. Today the way strings are attached to the frame limits the performance of this driving force. The strings are attached to both sides of the frame. Only some strings are active when struck by the ball. This means that racquets do not deliver their full potential. babolat set out to imagine a racquet optimising the fram and the strings – to invent a frame which permits all the strings to work together to their full potential when striking the ball:
- Pulley Function:
- The WOOFER eliminates string lock-up : the strings are free to move.
- The whole surface area reacts on impact : with the WOOFER, more strings work together when striking the ball. The strings are interactives.
- Piston Function:
- Increase the trampoline effect : the piston function enables greater surface deformation on impact.
- Shock absorption : the pistons act like a suspension system to dampen vibrations.
- Pulley Function:
- GT Technology: GT construction provides excellent stability at ball impact. The additional rigidity obtained through this technology allows for more precision or power according to the construction.
- Frame String Interaction Technology: Woofer system to bring more feel to players with each strike of the ball.Tigher string pattern in the sweetspot area.
- Redfined Sweetspot: After launching the “Play” racquet in 2013, Babolat collected data and identified that the impact zone is higher than the racquets traditional center.