Babolat introduces a new 2018 update to the iconic Pure Drive. Babolat’s new updated version of the Pure Drive provides a newly improved vibration dampening system known as Cortex Pure Feel. The new Cortex Pure Feel technology offers better vibration dampening thanks to new material integrated into the graphite of the racquet. This helps provide pristine sound and a more direct feel during ball contact.
Like previous generations of the Pure Drive, the racquet will keep its anti-twisting Elliptical Frame Shape which allows for ample power within the frame. Woofer technology is also integrated into the new 2018 frame. Babolat’s Woofer technology allows strings to interact more with the ball upon impact, giving more stringbed snap-back resulting in added spin. Babolat updates their FSI technology, with wider spacing to go with diamond shape grommet holes. This will allow more forgiveness and additional power on each hit.
- Cortex System: Cortex system is the first technology customized to filter different vibrations. Cortex is revolutionary active technology placed between the throat and handle of the racquet. With this new technology, the two parts of the racquet are linked by an interface in CDS (Cortex Damping System) material. This technology allows to filter the different vibration modes. It eliminates unnecessary vibrations and enhances the feel of the ball.
- For competitive players, Cortex filters vibrations for purer feel of the ball.
- For club players, Cortex provides maximum comfort.
- For the 2018 Pure Drives Babolat introduces the most evolved version of Cortex technology to date, called Cortex Pure Feel. For this version, Babolat partnered with a company called SMAC, which supplied a thin viscoelastic rubber that is uniquely tailored to absorbing impact vibration. According to Babolat, it also provides a great sound and more direct feel.
- Woofer: WOOFER is a patented innovation by Babolat. WOOFER is the first dynamic system which makes the frame and strings interact when striking the ball. The frame is basically static and holds the driving force of the racquet – the strings – in place. Today the way strings are attached to the frame limits the performance of this driving force. The strings are attached to both sides of the frame. Only some strings are active when struck by the ball. This means that racquets do not deliver their full potential. Babolat set out to imagine a racquet optimizing the frame and the strings – to invent a frame which permits all the strings to work together to their full potential when striking the ball:
- Pulley Function:
- The WOOFER eliminates string lock-up : the strings are free to move.
- The whole surface area reacts on impact : with the WOOFER, more strings work together when striking the ball. The strings are interactive.
- Piston Function:
- Increase the trampoline effect : the piston function enables greater surface deformation on impact.
- Shock absorption : the pistons act like a suspension system to dampen vibrations.
- Pulley Function:
- GT Technology: GT construction provides excellent stability at ball impact. The additional rigidity provided by this technology allows for more power and precision, making it perfect for modern ball strikers!
- Elliptic Geometry: Babolat’s Elliptic Design promises no twisting, no bending and no added weight to your racquet. It provides:
- Greater resistance to torque and flex (+20% compared to a traditional frame design) with no added weight.
- Power with exceptional maneuverability.
- EVO Beam: Different thickness of the beam for less torque at ball impact and better responsiveness.
- FSI Power Technology: Wider spacing between the cross strings to boost power, spin, comfort and playability!
- For the 2018 Pure Drives only, Babolat adds diamond shaped grommets to the FSI Power technology. This gives the strings a greater range of movement, resulting in a further increase in power and comfort.