Babolat Drive (115) Tennis Racquets:
Now with an updated cosmetic for 2016! The Babolat Drive (115) Tennis Racquets are geared towards the beginner to intermediate player who is looking for a great deal of power and comfort from an oversized frame. This frame features Babolat’s Cortex Dampening System which is located in the two sides of the yoke. The innovative shape is designed to dampen the vibrations in order to bring to advanced players the best compromise between comfort and feel at ball impact. This powerful racquet at 115 square inches and extended 27.5 inch length is great for players looking for maximum power to go along with optimal comfort.
- Ideal for players seeking the perfect balance between power and feel.
- Cortex dampening system allows for the unique sensation of power and precision on every shot.
- Elliptical shape adds resistance against twisting and flexing.
- Cortex System: Cortex system is the first technology customized to filter different vibrations. Cortex is revolutionary active technology placed between the throat and handle of the racquet. With this new technology, the two parts of the racquet are linked by an interface in CDS (Cortex Damping System) material. This technology allows to filter the different vibration modes. It eliminates unnecessary vibrations and enhances the feel of the ball.
- For competitive players, Cortex filters vibrations for purer feel of the ball.
- For club players, Cortex provides maximum comfort.
- Woofer: WOOFER is a patented inovation by Babolat. WOOFER is the first dynamic system which makes the frame and strings interact when striking the ball.The frame is basically static and holds the driving force of the racquet – the strings – in place. Today the way strings are attached to the frame limits the performance of this driving force. The strings are attached to both sides of the frame. Only some strings are active when struck by the ball. This means that racquets do not deliver their full potential. babolat set out to imagine a racquet optimizing the frame and the strings – to invent a frame which permits all the strings to work together to their full potential when striking the ball:
- GT Technology: GT construction provides excellent stability at ball impact. The additional rigidity obtained through this technology allows for more precision or power according to the construction.
- Frame String Interaction Technology: Woofer system to bring more feel to players with each strike of the ball.Tigher string pattern in the sweetspot area.
- Redfined Sweetspot: After launching the “Play” racquet in 2013, Babolat collected data and identified that the impact zone is higher than the racquets traditional center.